The Webcomic Beacon is looking for a new crew for The Webcomic Beacon Newscast!
The goal of the newscast is to bring to light interesting and/or informative articles or happenings affecting artists and writers (particularly in relation to comics). Though we will probably change things up in 2013 with a focus on trimming the fat of the items we find, to only a handful we really want to talk about.
And you could be a part of that new dynamic!
We are looking for a few aspects, for a few different needs of the show, and will be vetting people in the coming weeks. Simply put, we need:
- News and Event Seekers (search a list of sites for interesting articles).
- Copy Writers (Write up summaries, possibly construct the show posts).
- Hosts and Episode Recorders (Be able to record shows for back-ups).
I can tell you we already have a few people that are interested in hosting. I can tell you that we’ll be looking and a minimum of three hosts. Preferably we would like hosts that can search for articles and events, and write summaries of those events. Additionally, any new crew will be vetted:
- Cannot be an asshole. We don’t condone insult or harassment “humor”.
- Must work well with co-hosts. Finding a good dynamic is key.
- Audio quality and strong internet connection a must*, for hosts.
- Must be available for an every other Sunday schedule.
As mentioned, the shows will be planned to be recorded on an every other week basis. Looking at Sundays, mid-day-ish. That gives news and event seekers two weeks to find items to discuss, and have summaries written.
For hosts, one big hurdle is getting a regular schedule down. We also want people to show up regularly. If you can’t regularly show up, we just can’t consider you for the main hosting crew.
* We can vet potential hosts, even if the audio quality is poor. Because finding out one’s speaking abilities doesn’t need a good mic (initially). However, anyone we want for the main crew should not be using cheap mics, or built-in mics. We’ll work from there once we get to it. Additionally, the ability for at least one of the hosts to record the show (there’s a program people can use for the easy way) would be most desirable.
If anyone has questions about being a part of the crew, please email us, or post here. If you would like to be considered for the crew, please email “firstname.lastname@example.org”.