Watch the Google+ Hangout recording of the show, or listen to the podcast below!
Our next regular recording will be Tuesday, September 24th. We’ll be on a live Google+ Hangout starting at 8pm (?) Central Time . You can follow us on Twitter @thegeeklifetv with the hashtag #thegeeklivetv.
- Video releases
- Lightning Round:
- New Van Gogh painting identified (link)
- Stork detained in Egypt as a spy (link)
- Monument to “god of chaos” appears mysteriously in front of an Oklahoma restaurant (link)
- Google has killed YouTube video responses
- Amazon is going to release a free smart phone. Except they aren’t – they outright said they won’t, and even if they did it wouldn’t be free.
- But Amazon does have a new PaperWhite Kindle coming out.
- Kindle Matchbook: Some publishers will let you purchase ebooks of titles you bought in dead tree editions from Amazon for a significant discount: free up to $2.99
- Oyster: Netflix for books, $10 a month to access a 100,000 title library, up to 10 books can be stored off-line
- Even with the release of the XBox One, Microsoft will provide support for the XBox 360 for three more years. XBox One will ship in the States on November 22.
- Microsoft announced a Sept 23 date to announce the new Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 devices. You read that right.
- Microsoft has announced XBox Music now available for Android and iOS. Free for 2 hours a month streaming, $10 a month or $100 a year unlimited without ads.
- Microsoft buys parts of Nokia, but not all of it (link)
- Lots of Apple announcements
- DC Comics kills the Batwoman-gets-lesbian-married storyline, and creative team walks off book (link)
- We determine the secret ingredient for the first round of Iron Brewer!