Watch the Google+ Hangout recording of the show, or listen to the podcast below!
Our next regular recording will be Tuesday, August 27 (?). We’ll be on a live Google+ Hangout starting at 8pm (?) Central Time . You can follow us on Twitter @thegeeklifetv with the hashtag #thegeeklivetv.
- Video Releases
- LIGHTNING ROUND
- Sept 10 – new iPhone announcement?
- Bloomberg predicts Retina iPad Mini, also new iPad post phone announcement
- Black Berry (RIM) throwing in the towel?
- Windows Phone news? Crickets.
- Windows 8.1 will RTM in August, but you plebeians can’t get it until October
- …and Asus is out of the RT game, Acer is throwing its lot in with Android and ChromeOS (30% of revenue next year)
- Although they won’t actually say “yes” or “no”, Microsoft peeps have said that the console will function if the Kinect is not attached
- My Fermentation is Stuck! (I’m out of ideas)
- There’s a webcam that watches Andy Warhol’s grave 24/7
- A 15-ton “fatberg” removed from London sewer
- Gay people can now marry in Minnesota! Yay!
- You can listen to Wikipedia being edited live: http://listen.hatnote.com/
- Paul has a Chromecast!
- The America’s Cup, or how to void the warranty on your iPad
- Iron Brewer! (Yes, you heard me right – MT)
- Wizard tries to oust MCBA in Minneapolis by scheduling a Wizard World convention two weeks prior to Spring Con.
- The Minnesota Fringe Festival