The event raised over $1300! Thanks to all who donated!
On December 1st, multiple artists will be gathering online to do some live-drawing, to get people to donate to the Red Cross or Binifund to help out with Hurricane Sandy victims, and others.
Organizations like the Red Cross can do a lot more with money (bulk buys and special deals with companies) than any individual can. Collecting food and clothes is often more of a burden on their resources, because they have to sort, organize, and inspect what are essentially bulk, random, donations. And many times they get things they don’t need for certain areas. So your dollar contributions are always best for any disaster relief efforts.
Now a word directly from one of the organizers, Ian Samson:
Artist Chairty Drive Key Points:
- The event will be held on December 1st. Hard to forget that!
- Join us at www.tinychat.com/webartistcharity
- The very complicated rules: You donate to the Red Cross, you get a drawing!
- This is all about fun, charity, and hanging out! Chat, relax, learn, watch, donate, enjoy!
- A full list of artists and their possible hours will be posted soon!
So, wanna donate and help out and get yourself a drawing? It’s easy!
Once you’re at the Charity Drive, on December 1st:
1 – Artists who aren’t working at the moment will be watching the chat. Talk with them about your request idea and if they’re game for it. Requests should be reasonable. NSFW content is not going to be streamed. Otherwise, let your imagination flow!
2 – Head to the Red Cross (http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations) or Binifund (http://binifund.org/donate/) and donate any amount! (The site’s minimum is $10) Make sure you use their “In Honor Of” features, and use it to send an email (no need for Binifund’s personalized notecard) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your screen name, your artist, and your request, so we know it’s from you.
3 – For Binifund, you’re done! The Moderator will announce the donation, and your artist will start! For the Red Cross, there’s a delay before we can confirm, and we may need a screenshot of your donation receipt, but otherwise, you’re done and ready too!
We’ll work hard to accommodate you! And thank you in advance for your generosity!
Confirmed Artists (and estimated times):
- Psudonym – psuedofolio.tumblr.com – All Day
- Magi – ac120.tumblr.com – to be determined
- Mindwipe – planetofjunk.tumblr.com – All Day
- Ian Samson – cityofreality.com – all Day
- KittyHawk – sgvy.com – to be determined
- PenniCandies – pennicandies.tumblr.com – Fluctuating times
- Joe England – joeengland.deviantart.com – 12pm-3pm
- JMD – justinmdurden.tumblr.com – 6pm-10pm
- Federico Iglesias – freeglass.tumblr.com – All Day
- Katie Tiedrich – awkwardzombie.com – to be determined
- Laurence Kerr – comicrehab.com/ajaggedroad – 12pm-completion
- Ran Brown – endcomic.com – to be determined
- Nate Pilgrim – nathanielpilgrim.tumblr.com – 10am-5pm
- Guno Saguki – gunosaguki.tumblr.com – All Day
- CD Rudd – sailorsun.org – 12pm on
- Canon-Thought – canon-thought.deviantart.com – 11am-5pm
- Formaldehyde – formaldehydeart.tumblr.com – 11am-4pm
- Thom Pratt – shadowbinders.keenspot.com – 4pm-6pm
- Chu – sdamned.com – 2pm-5pm
- Arby K – graylingcomic.net – to be determined
- Animoose – animoose.tumblr.com -6pm-competion
- Rx3 – redretrorobot.com – to be determined
- Melissa Albino – paledogstudios.com/heir – to be determined
Are you an artist that would be interested in donating your time and artist skills for this drive? Please email email@example.com.